Friday, September 29, 2006

shooting grass


Last week i had the chance to be in touch with nature again, after so long...I couldn't even recall when was the last time I ever took a closer look at any wild plant...
When I spotted this grass, I was so excited. Brought back the childhood memories in me. We were staying at this palm oil plantation estate, surrounded by what seemed like an endless plantation of palm trees and the vast undeveloped nature surrounding. We didn't have fancy video or pc games then. We played with natural resources we could lay our hands on. We would pluck wild mushrooms, catch little fish in the streams, cycle along the bumpy country roads... those were the days!
And this was the grass we would play shooting game with. You trim away the leaves, and leave the small ball like thing on the stem, then you hold the stem end and make a twist around the furry ball with one hand, and the other hand holding the untwisted stem (closer to the ball), aim at a human target, pull it like a trigger and watch the ball shooting out...it's fun and safe I tell ya. I taught my toddler nephew and he simply loved watching me do it, even most of the time I was shooting at him! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment